Sunday, March 29, 2009

Strengths and Weaknesses...

As I finished my simulated teaching, I realize my own strengths and weaknesses during teaching. I realize that I have good voice projection. Once I give instructions or read the texts given in the lesson, the 'students' seem to understand and give cooperation and reaction, even to the students who sit at the back of the class. As for having loud and clear voice, it is a bonus in order to control the class. Students must always be called out as it will prevent them to be distracted. I always use the questions such as 'understand?' or 'can you do that?' all the time to make sure the students do hear me and are paying attention to me teaching.
My weakness are that I sometimes fail to construct appropriate exercises or I make slight grammatical errors during teaching. I need to look up for interesting and appropriate exercises for my lesson. And I also need to practice my speech in order to reduce my errors.

--- Ugh...this looks like somehow I'm flattering myself...---

No comments:

Post a Comment