Friday, March 27, 2009

How do I know?

What makes taking the drama course related to my field of study? Well, when I read the script of plays that I am learning now, I have to admit, besides to analyze the characters, themes, settings, etc., I also need to have the knowledge of the languages used in the script. For example, the languages used by Shakespeare (thou, thy, thine, art, dost, etc.). If I do not have the previous knowledge of the terms used, it would be hard for me to understand. In this case, it is to learn of the language and the terms. Not to mention that we do have to learn of the literary devices in the scripts, thus support the fact that taking this course does have the relation to my field of study. Activities and tasks that have to be done, especially micro teaching, helps us to prepare and to know our very field of study. We can make use of what we have learned during the course to apply to our future practicuum, and hopefully to our future career as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment