It's simulated teaching yet again.. A good thing about simulated teaching is that, it lets you experience teaching (even though I'm actually teaching my own course mates, whom are quite uncooperative) to prepare ourselves for the real thing. Truth be told, if we find it is difficult to teach our own friends, believe me, it's going to be much more difficult to teach real school students.
Through simulated teaching, I am exposed on how to construct good exercises, how to control the class, strategies in teaching, and so on. Luckily I get to watch others before my turn to teach. From there I get to find ideas on how to teach my own lesson.
I decided to teach characteristics based on the play "The Ring". For my set induction, I ask the students whether they ever had an imaginary friend before. Then I ask them if they do want to have an imaginary friend, how do they want that friend to be? For example, tall, hairy, dark, kind, scary, etc. Based on the answers given, I then introduce them to the term "characteristics". After that I give them the extract from the play along with 3 activities.
A flaw that i made regarding the activities given is that the first and the second activities are almost the same, that the different levels are not really visible. I should have made the second activity harder. Nonetheless my third activity was said to be interesting (I am sort of proud of it too.. a little). But one thing that came across my mind is that, Miss Kasthoori only commented on my activities. What about my style of teaching? Was it good, was it bad? I guess I can only know from my peer evaluations..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment